Wednesday 8 February 2012

15 weeks scan

So it was with some trepidation we approached the next scan in December, wondering what we would see. Turned out this time the nucal fold was fine on all babies. Doc suggested amnio to rule out any genetic abnomalities.

They say amnio is just like getting a blood test. They lie! It's more like a massive needle going into your belly and because the twins were wiggling they had to do it twice! Matt held my hand and stopped me looking at the needle. Apparently it was huge!

Afterwards I had a fluid leak, possibly amniotic fluid, and was told to rest for a few days. I barely moved and eventually they rang with the results. I got to ring Matt on his Christmas Do (he'd stayed sober in case he had to come home) 'Twins are fine! You can drink.' I told him, 'And you are having twin sons!' We were both pretty choked up with happiness.

We had another scan and this time there was no doom or gloom. The babies were all looking well and there was no sign of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

We had a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment