Saturday 17 November 2012

They might be giants

Today's post is all about the health visitors appointment yesterday and how my very existence is a reproach to others.

I'll start with that. I went to the doctors a few days ago to pick up a prescription for vitamins for the babies. Whilst there this woman said, 'Ohh I see you all the time walking around. I can't believe you get out!'

She had a baby with her. I said, 'well you have to get out and about don't you?' She said, 'I really don't know how you cope. I'm struggling with one. Makes me feel worse.'

Struggled for a response to that one!

Anyway the health visitor came yesterday and our babies are officially doing well.

Lex is now 16 pound 8 and up from the 25th to 50th percentile. She said we could drop a bottle a day for him and start on some water.

Charlie is 14 pound 10 and up from the 9th to 25th percentile.

Beth is 12 pound 10 and up from the 2nd to between the 2nd and 9th percentiles.

Explains why my back is killing me!

She doesn't want to see them again until January.

Our babies be giants!

Today is World Prematurity Day and I wanted to post these great weights today just as a contrast to their birth weights. Lex 2 pound 6. Charlie 2 pound 1. Beth 2 pound 3.

I'm on a triplet group on Facebook and am learning quite how lucky we are. Not everyone brings home 3 healthy babies. We are blessed. Am thinking of those that aren't today - and the staff that try so hard for all of us to take our babies home happy and healthy. X

Pics are:
Lex
Beth
Charlie







1 comment:

  1. Charlie looks like he's forgotton to put his teeth in. Great to hear how well they're all doing. When will they be able to handle a Barnsley Chop?

    ReplyDelete